Break the bread, not the rules
This week, Géraldine talks about the sacred rules of bread, and all the unwritten cultural rules.
Watch the video, where she explains the following:
1) Bread must be from a bakers, not the supermarket.
2) Some bread vocabulary – ‘bien cuite’, ‘pas trop cuite’, ‘trancher’, and more.
3) Did you know it’s bad luck to put the baguette upside down on a board?
4) Make sure that you wait for the starter to arrive, before you tuck into the bread.
5) When eating bread at the table, break off a bite sized piece with your fingers. Don’t bite into the whole slice.
Read more from Géraldine on www.commeunefrancaise.com
The beginning of the month signals a new raft of changes in France - and some may…
January 30th is National Croissant Day (at least in the US), so we thought we’d…