Break the bread, not the rules
This week, Géraldine talks about the sacred rules of bread, and all the unwritten cultural rules.
Watch the video, where she explains the following:
1) Bread must be from a bakers, not the supermarket.
2) Some bread vocabulary – ‘bien cuite’, ‘pas trop cuite’, ‘trancher’, and more.
3) Did you know it’s bad luck to put the baguette upside down on a board?
4) Make sure that you wait for the starter to arrive, before you tuck into the bread.
5) When eating bread at the table, break off a bite sized piece with your fingers. Don’t bite into the whole slice.
Read more from Géraldine on www.commeunefrancaise.com
On October 12, changes are planned for the labelling of the different fuels at petrol…
Mobile phones are to be banned in schools from September - just one of the changes…