Buildings and a school evacuated in Sète
An incident occurred after noon on Monday in Sète. During construction work, a worker drilled through a gas pipe. As a security measure, four buildings and a school had to be evacuated.
The Hérault firefighters intervened on Monday at rue Laças in Sète. They set up a security perimeter and evacuated people from around the location while the gas leak was plugged.
Students at nearby Colbert School were delighted to be removed from school while a temporary solution was found. A spokesperson from GDF said that the pipe was condemned and would need to be replaced over the next few days. In the meantime, the gas has been turned off in the area.
Rémi Gaillard, the Montpellier comedian and activist for animal causes, published…