News > Languedoc

Languedoc

Child dies in fire from unattended candle

France 3/Scoop, Jun 28

A child of three years old has died in a fire on a campsite in Sigean, Aude on Thursday morning. He was on vacation with his 6-year-old sister and grandmother, who were seriously burned.

The tragedy took place at around 3am on Thursday morning, when a fire broke out in a mobile home on Le Pavillon campsite. The woman was able to save her 6 year old granddaughter, but her grandson died in the fire. The woman and her granddaughter were evacuated by helicopter to the hospital at Montpellier.

According to the police, the fire was due to a candle which was left alight when they went to bed. The fire spread very quickly.

Where ever you are, please make sure that you don’t leave candles unattended.

Similar Stories

Languedoc

Montpellier traders are disillusioned

Montpellier city centre has been hugely impacted by the movements of the gilets…

MidiLibre/Scoop, Dec 12

Languedoc

Béziers lawyers on strike

40 lawyers were on strike in Béziers on Monday, on the occasion of the International…

MidiLibre/Scoop, Dec 12

Languedoc

Tensions high in Lodève, Hérault

A barricade was set on fire on Boulevard Gambetta, between the cathedral and the…

LanguedocLiving, Dec 10

Languedoc

Students blocked tramway line in Montpellier

Students from the Jules-Guesde school were occupying the tramway tracks on Lodève…

LanguedocLiving, Dec 10