Farmer dies from Asian hornet sting
A 58-year-old man was stung while driving. He suffered an anaphylactic shock and lost control of his car.
The farmer, who was from Warlaing near Douai, died on August 12 from an Asian hornet sting.
According to reports in La Voix du Nord, the man was stung while driving and returning home after his day's work. As a result of anaphylactic shock, he lost consciousness while driving and hit a roadside pole.
Allergy to insect bites
Paramedics who arrived on the scene to treat the farmer, first thought he had suffered a heart attack. But doctors at the Valenciennes Hospital Centre noticed the hornet's stinger in the man's thigh. The insect was subsequently found in his car.
[We can find no evidence to prove that an Asian Hornet's sting is any more likely to give rise to anaphylactic shock than a European Hornet or a wasp. But size must matter, right? Any experts out there? Ed]
This is a translation of President Macron’s letter to the public in full.…
Media and press freedom advocates have denounced a number of attacks and threats…
On Saturday a huge gas explosion in Paris killed two members of the public and two…