Home-jacking in Lignan-sur-Orb - jewellery wanted
Police have called for witnesses for a haul worth €500,000.
In October 2017 a couple who had a jewellery business were broken into at home. The woman was forced to drive to the jewellery shop and open up the safe.
Four individuals are being charged with abduction and robbery with a weapon in Lignan-sur-Orb. The crime happened on the night of 22 to 23 October, around 3 am. That night, armed and hooded burglars entered the house and forced the woman to drive them to the safe.
The victim was tied up while they seize the contents. The loot consisted mainly of watches and jewels, the value of which was estimated at €500,000.
Police are trying to find the stolen goods, and are calling for any witnesses or anyone who has possibly seen any of these goods:-
- Baume and Mercier Linea ladies watch, steel case with diamonds.
- 18 K rose gold ring with and diamonds.
- Mauboussin ladies’ watch large model pink gold case, brown crocodile strap.
- Necklace 18K yellow gold (Etruscan mesh).
- Bracelet (49) 18 K yellow gold baroque charms coloured cabochon stones.
- Bell & Ros men's watch ref BR03-94 Phantom.
- Van Cleef & Arpels women's watch white gold case.
- Women's watch Tabbah yellow gold case gold bracelet.
- Bracelet Rochas (R1205) 18K yellow gold and diamonds.
- Bell & Ross men's watch ref BR01-97 Limited edition 182/250.
If you’ve been offered one of these, or you know someone who has, please get in touch with the police. You can call them on 06 33 52 45 67.
Dockers at Sète blocked the port on Monday. Their blockades were "nothing…
First it was the reckless fishermen, fishing on a fast flowing river against advice.…