House destroyed in Vergèze
A house was destroyed by the collapse of a barn during the night of New Year's Eve at Vergèze, Gard.
Both parents, seriously injured, were hospitalised at CHU Carémeau. Their children had managed to extricate themselves from the rubble, only slightly injured. The parents were released from hospital yesterday.
The members of the Rat family were victims of a terrible accident that could have cost them their lives.
On the night New Year's Eve, their house was destroyed by the collapse of a barn adjacent to their house. The children aged 15 and 18 and the girlfriend of one of the sons, had managed to get out of the rubble without too many injuries, but the parents weren’t so lucky.
They had multiple fractures. "It is a miracle that they even managed to get to hospital alive, and that they have already left hospital," said the Vergèze Mayor René Balana, adding: "We are trying to find them some housing quickly".
Since the accident, the family have been staying with friends.
Vernière sparkling water, taken from the Haut-Languedoc Regional Park in…