News > Languedoc

Languedoc

House evacuated after electric and gas meters caught fire

LanguedocLiving, Jun 18

Three people had to be evacuated from their house in Montauban, Tarn-et-Garonne.

Both the gas and electric meters caught on fire at 2am on Sunday morning.

Tarn-et-Garonne firefighters were called out to rue Paulette Ferlin in Montauban. The three occupants were quickly evacuated, a security perimeter was installed around the house to allow the intervention of firefighters and GRDF agents, and the gas was cut to 20 neighbouring houses.

The occupants of the damaged house were able to return home at later on Sunday morning, and there were no injuries.

The gas supplies to the houses were gradually restored later on Sunday.

Similar Stories

Languedoc

Major repairs of the Canal du Midi in Aude

Repair works are underway on the Canal du Midi in the Aude after the floods. Urgent…

LanguedocLiving, Jan 17

Languedoc

Owner of land may be held responsible for…

Firefighters were called out to a raging fire in Montpellier in the Prés…

LanguedocLiving, Jan 17

Languedoc

Lunel cannabis grower rumbled by smell

A Lunel resident and cannabis grower needed to spend more on his filter and extraction…

MidiLibre/Scoop, Jan 17

Languedoc

Super U at Trèbes finally reopens

Ten months ago the Super U at Trèbes was closed after the bloody attack where…

MidiLibre/Scoop, Jan 16