Pyrénées-Orientales has new water restrictions
The prefecture of the Pyrénées-Orientales has prohibited certain private uses of water in 35 communes because of the drought.
Given the drop in groundwater levels and weather forecasts that do not allow for a significant improvement, the prefect of the Pyrénées-Orientales has decided to limit and / or prohibit some non-essential uses.
35 municipalities are concerned.
• filling of private pools for single-family use, except, bizarrely, for the first filling after construction of the pool. This does not apply to the water needed during the season;
• washing vehicles outside professional stations except for vehicles with a regulatory obligation and for safety-related bodies;
• the operation of public fountains;
• the cleaning of terraces and facades not under construction;
• washing of roads, except sanitary requirements and excluding automatic sweeping machines;
• watering lawns, roundabouts, public and private green spaces and pleasure gardens with the exception of seedlings under three years of age on express request for exemption;
• Watering sports areas of all kinds and golf courses with the exception of "greens" and sports fields (limited strictly to the playgrounds);
• watering vegetable gardens from 8 am to 8 pm;
• the removal of water for the filling or maintenance of the level of recreational water tubs for personal use;
• the use of beach showers.
The municipalities concerned by these restrictions are:
Canet-en-Roussillon, Le Barcarès, Sainte-Marie, Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Laurent-de-la-Salanque, Torreilles, Bages, Banyuls-dels-Aspres, Brouilla, Cabestany, Caixas, Calmeille, Canohès, Corneilla-del-Vercol, Elne, Fourques, Llauro, Llupia, Montauriol, Montescot, Oms, Ortaffa, Passa, Pollestres, Ponteilla, Sainte-Colombe-de-la-Commanderie, Saint-Jean-Lasseille, Saleilles, Terrats, Théza, Tordères, Tresserre, Trouillas, Villemolaque, Villeneuve-de-la-Raho, Vivès.
The Chinese run Casil Europe put their share of Toulouse-Blagnac airport up for…
Clashes between the gilets jaunes and police broke out this Saturday in the late…