Tour de France blocks Froome from taking part
The Tour de France organisers have officially blocked Chris Froome from taking part in the 2018 Tour de France, which is due to start next Saturday, 7 July.
Team Sky are appealing the decision to the National Olympic Committee of French Sport, a report in Le Monde said, with a hearing due on Tuesday morning. A decision will be made the following day, just three days before the start in Noirmoutier-en-l’Ile, in the Vendee region, on July 7.
Froome is fighting to clear his name after a test for AAF, an asthma related drug at last year’s Vuelta a Espana, which he won. Salbutamol is a specified substance rather than a banned substance, meaning a rider is allowed to take it up to a threshold of 1000 ng/ml.
He vehemently denies any wrongdoing and said last week that he felt he had done nothing wrong and therefore had “every right” to ride the Tour.
Friday, 18 January Football: Scottish Cup fourth round – Cowdenbeath v Rangers,…
Wednesday, 16 January Football: French Ligue 1 – Monac0 v Nice, Nimes v Nantes,…