Hiker nearly dies after viper bite

464
Photo from The Connexion

A 30 year old hiker was bitten by a viper in Cormet de Roselend in Savoie.

The hiker sucked at the wound, and subsequently went into anaphylactic shock.

The rescue services arrived quickly, and saved the hiker’s life.

If you are bitten by a viper, and this is rare, the advice is to stay calm and call for help.  If you can get to ice easily, this will slow down the movement of the venom in your blood stream.

Do not attempt to suck out the venom.