We’ve been featuring extracts of Gayle Padgett’s novel, Passion for Provence. You can read the extracts here.
Now it’s time to win a signed copy of the book, by answering the following quiz questions. Write in with the answers by Sunday 25th August. The names of the people with the highest scores will be put into a hat and the winner will be drawn on Monday 26th August.
When you write in, please also give us your address to send the book to. We won’t use these details for anything other than this quiz.
- What Nobel Prize winner’s poem inspired Charles Gounod’s opera, Mireille?
- In which Aix-en-Provence quartier stands the Fontaine de Quatre Dauphins?
- What Roman colony was the Pont du Gard built to carry water to?
- What prominent French artist will be a century old on Christmas Eve 2019?
- As of 1 January 2016, what city in Occitanie has the largest population?
- Name the French engineer and British architect who designed the Millau Viaduct.
- What’s the life span of the cicada?
- Name the ville jumelle (sister city) of Heidelberg, Germany.
- In what year was the AOC (appellation d’origine contrôlée) label given to Haute-Provence Lavender Essential Oil?
- Who is the most famous native son of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence?