Young girl bitten by a viper at Mont Aigoual

498
illustration / © Collection Watier/Maxppp

A 17 year old girl was bitten by a snake, which was “probably a viper” near the observatory at Mount Aigoual, in Valleraugue, Gard.

After receiving first aid, she was evacuated to the Ganges clinic by the civil security helicopter. Her condition was confirmed as stable by the hospital later that evening.

Vipers have been seen regularly in the area where the girl was bitten, firefighters said that it was “probably a viper”.

If you see someone bitten by a snake, the advice is to apply a pressure immobilisation bandage and keep the person calm and as still as possible until medical help arrives. Avoid washing the bite area because any venom left on the skin can help identify the snake. DO NOT apply a tourniquet, cut the wound or attempt to suck the venom out.

Source: France 3